Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and treatment for swollen penis and testicles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
swollen penis &testicles
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Given presentation can have many causes sir;listed Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Based on the provided symptoms, I shall start by listing the causes for such a presentation sir, and would like to emphasize on the necessity to visit the doctor, as without a physical examination, establishing a diagnosis and successfully treating the individual for the diagnosed condition. The causes are: -Epididymitis (inflammation of the region which stores and transfers the semen) -Testicular torsion -Orchitis -Infections (may have other symptoms like frequent urination, boils/bumps/blisters around the genital region, penile discharge, -Injuries -Hydrocele -Varicocele -Hernia -Medications (there are a few medications that can also cause such a presentation sir, but as you have not listed any medications, we can rule them out) -Cancer (rare) and a few others. As you can see from the above listed causes, they can vary greatly and thus, the treatment would also greatly vary. So it is my most humble request for you to schedule an appointment with your doctor to get physical examined. Your doctor may also ask for a few investigations once you visit him/her, to make a more accurate diagnosis. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor