What is the cause and treatment for swollen penis and testicles?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Question: swollen penis &testicles
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Given presentation can have many causes sir;listed Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Based on the provided symptoms, I shall start by listing the causes for such a presentation sir, and would like to emphasize on the necessity to visit the doctor, as without a physical examination, establishing a diagnosis and successfully treating the individual for the diagnosed condition. The causes are: -Epididymitis (inflammation of the region which stores and transfers the semen) -Testicular torsion -Orchitis -Infections (may have other symptoms like frequent urination, boils/bumps/blisters around the genital region, penile discharge, -Injuries -Hydrocele -Varicocele -Hernia -Medications (there are a few medications that can also cause such a presentation sir, but as you have not listed any medications, we can rule them out) -Cancer (rare) and a few others. As you can see from the above listed causes, they can vary greatly and thus, the treatment would also greatly vary. So it is my most humble request for you to schedule an appointment with your doctor to get physical examined. Your doctor may also ask for a few investigations once you visit him/her, to make a more accurate diagnosis. Best wishes.