What is the cause and treatment for seborrheic keratosis?
Excision biopsy not necessary just for HPV typing.
Thank you for your query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti and I will be answering your query.
Seborrheic wart also called seborrheic keratosis is usually secondary to HPV infection in the genital area.The commoner strains are HPV 6, 11 and are usually benign. These can be due to single or multiple strains.It is difficult to isolate strains many times.
It is better to get a shave biopsy done (if you want to check for HPV strains) and send specimen for diagnosis and typing of HPV strains using polymerase chain reaction.You can also ask for histopathology report for confirmation.
There is a quadrivalent vaccine available which can of be of use to you.Strains in vaccine are 6 ,11, 16 and 18. This can be protect you against cancer causing HPV too.You need not worry about other strains once you are getting vaccinated.
Various modalities of treatment like keratolytics podophyllin resins, Cryotherapy, Immune response modifiers are usually preferred over excision.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries, please ask again.
Excision biopsy to rule out your anxiety.
Thank you for follow up question.
I think you have become yo anxious tensed .I understand your situation.
You please go ahead with the excisional biopsy and check for strains.It is highly unlikely to have high risk strains.You also feel relived by getting the results.
The chances of other strains other than in result being present is most unlikely.
You relax .Be free of worries.You can explain to your partner after your results come in a detailed and convincing way.
Enjoy your life with a faithful relation later.
I don't know if dna pcr detection of biopsy will be performed but however a ihc strain test is being performed.i have lost a lot of sleep.please advice me doctor how do I leave this incident behind and if I come to know about the strains present in the wart can I rely on that and move on
Rely on test, relax, forget and enjoy
Thank you for follow up query.
Please undergo excisional biopsy to relieve your anxiety and worries and get it tested for strains.
We have not seen Hpv strains in such cases that too high risk strains .
Most High risk strains are asymtomayic and go away in 1-2 years and do not cause cancer.
I do not see any reason for you to worry , fear about it so much.
The strains will not change by themselves and become high risk until you have contact fresh infection from new high risk HPV case.
So allay all your fears go ahead with test which will be negative.
If you feel convinced you can close the discussion or else you can ask for further clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Seborrheic keratosis treatment
- Treatment and cure for Seborrheic keratosis
- Thyroid trouble and seborrheic keratosis
- Treatment and cure for scrotum seborrheic keratosis
- Scrotum seborrheic keratosis causes
- Causes of seborrheic keratosis
- What is seborrheic keratosis inflamed
- Seborrheic keratosis treatment appearance
- Does smoking cause seborrheic keratosis
- What causes seborrheic keratosis with squamous atypia
- What is the cause and treatment for seborrheic keratosis?
- What causes weak and fagile nails in a child?
- What causes small blister on index finger?
- Suggest an alternative to Tinaderzol
- What causes fish odor from penis after urination?
- Suggest treatment for dry skin on hands and legs
- What causes large red blotch on left hip after cortisone injection?
- How to get rid of foot fungus?
- What causes bruised foresking after an intercourse?
- What causes boils and itching on penis after having sex?