What is the cause and treatment for phimosis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi My foreskin in top of the penis as become very tight and there is some white powderish substance is formed in my penis its been there for three months how to get cured for this ?
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to get circumcised.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Phimosis.

The white substance that is getting collected beneath the foreskin is dried secretion of the glans penis (Smegma).
Please consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.

You need to get circumcised .This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.