What is the cause and treatment for paraphimosis?

Posted on Fri, 6 Feb 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Sir, I am 25 years male. I am facing problem with my foreskin. When flaccid i can able to pull the foreskin freely. I am starting washing it in bathing from last 4 months. Before that i never did. During erection, foreskin is not coming back in a natural way. If i pull it, then its forms a ring behind gland. Initially it used to pain lot, now pain is not that much. Also Frenulum looks short. Also i have black marks on back of foreskin and on XXXXXXX Kindly advice what needs to be done for this.

Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible Paraphimosis?Needs an early urosurgical consultation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I understand your query and concern.

You probably seem to have a condition called Paraphimosis in a mild form.

This condition has propensity to cause serious blood flow disturbances to
glans penis causing gangrene

Its very important that this complication is prevented by timely management.

Medical therapy with Inj of Hyaluronidase can prove helpful in acute cases.

But the main stay of treatment to prevent recurrences is Circumcision,which involves surgical removal of foreskin under perfectly sterile conditions.

Black marks on the back of the prepuce might not hold any significance in the present context,except when they enlarge in size or show border irregularities,you need to report to a dermatologist.

Currently your condition is treated by an expert Urologist and I advise you to have a consultation at the earliest.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 18 hours later
Thanks for the quick reply. I request you to suggest some cream and how to use it. Or is it must to visit Urologist for this issue. Can't stretching resolve the issue. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation with Urologist is most vital in your case.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir.

I understand your concern.

Probably no cream is effective against this condition.

Stretching will only worsen the issue.Hence I advise you not to resort to such maneuvers.

Consulting a Urologist and that too early is extremely important in your condition.

Kindly not delay meeting your doctor.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 1422 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Hyaluronidase

doctor1 MD

What is the solution Female, 28 Please I need a help as I had overdose Hyaluronidase and this has damaged my face , and my skin , I used to have...

doctor1 MD

My sister has convinced my 87 year old mother that she needs knee replacement surgery. My mother has led a fairly active life (swimming, bowling,...

doctor1 MD

It hurts to bear weight on my right ankle on the outside. It's a very sharp pain . There is no swelling or bruising. I do have prior injuries to...

doctor1 MD

how long does a very small amount of restylane last in the chin. The amount is about the size of a pea. It was used to fill a small depression. I'm...

doctor1 MD

Hi about feb this year My son fell frm a window and sustaind a Head injury which left him wth a nasty scar.Just overnite a lump the size of a golf...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction