What is the cause and treatment for panic disorder?
My anxiety attack was triggered by marijuana (was my first try and my last) back in January 2014. After that day, I had panic attacks numerous times with in the 5 months and I went to ER many times thinking i'm having some serious problem and kind of sure that I was dying. Since that specific day, I don't feel my self. I feel different. I've this confusion that don't go away. blurry vision most of the time. dizziness and lightheadedness most of the time. My doc diagnosed me with anxiety and I'm taking Celexa and Xanax as needed basis if I feel the anxiety attack. What still confused me is I'm a normal happy guy (NO MEDICAL HISTORY BEFORE) and could't accept the idea that I have anxiety problem. I am not sure if the marijuana can cause anxiety from no where! At this time, I'm just more confused about my situation since I lost my job 5 months ago due to this problem and is still debilitating my life.
Sorry if I have some grammatical errors since I've been in the U.S for few years & of course English is my second language. ANY INFORMATION IS VERY HELPFUL TO ME. PLEASE HELP, I'M IN A SMALL HELL.
Could be due to stress
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
You have panic disorder. Panic disorder is psychological disorder in which patient has recurrence of panic attacks. These attacks could happen any time or any where. Usually, such attacks happens due to underline conflict and stress, but it could be triggered by marijuana. As you have mentioned that you are in stress due to loss of job, that could be the reason in your case. In that case, celexa (citalopram) with xanax would help you. These drugs would help to control the frequency of attacks. You can also try some relaxation exercise like JPMR or deep breathing exercise.
In case, you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath due to panic disorder
- Is klonopin wafer used in the treatment of panic disorder?
- Suggest treatment for agoraphobia with panic disorder
- Effective treatment for anxiety panic disorder and mild depression
- Treatment for panic disorder and depression
- Treatment and cure for Panic disorders
- What is the treatment for anxietyptsdnight terrors and panic disorder
- Is prozac weekly used in the treatment of panic disorder?
- Panic disorders causes
- Taking rexipra for panic disorder need a better treatment