Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the cause and treatment for pain in kidney area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2131 Questions
I have an intense pain in the kidney area. I drank 48 oz of water this morning and I still have the pain. I have had the pain for many months. I am 81 years old.
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination & investigations are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would like to suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a medical professional.

Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Kidney Function Test ( KFT ).
2. Urine examination.
3. Ultrasound of KUB region.

Further medical management can be planned according to the clinical evaluation and reports of the above mentioned investigations.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now