What is the cause and treatment for myofascial pain syndrome?
Most likely to be due to myofascial pain syndrome
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms XXXXXXX
You seem to be suffering from Mysofascial pain syndrome or fibromyalgia .
Myofascial pain syndrome is characterized by localized musculoskeletal pain and tenderness in association with trigger points. The pain is deep and aching and may be accompanied by a burning sensation. Myofascial pain may follow trauma, overuse, or prolonged static contraction of a muscle or muscle group. As in your case carrying baby and other body posture.
Trigger points are a diagnostic feature of this syndrome. Pain is referred from trigger points to defined areas distant from the original tender points. Palpation of the trigger point reproduces or accentuates the pain. The trigger points are usually located in the center of a muscle belly.
I wpuld suggest the following which can be carried out in consultation with your physician
1. Injection of a local anesthetic such as 1% lidocaine into the trigger point site often results in pain relief.
2. Another useful technique is first to spray from the trigger point toward the area of referred pain with an agent such as ethyl chloride and then to stretch the muscle. This maneuver may need to be repeated several times.
3.Massage and application of ultrasound to the affected area also may be beneficial. Patients should be instructed in methods to prevent muscle stresses related to work and recreation.
4. Posture and resting positions are important in preventing muscle tension
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Will advil liqui gels treat myofascial pain syndrome ?
- Treatment and cure for urethral pain syndrome
- Treatment and cure for musculoskeletal pain syndrome
- Can a tender knot in a muscle be due to myofascial pain syndrome?
- Treatment and cure for pain syndrome
- Can i take aleve for myofascial pain syndrome ?
- Thalamic pain syndrome treatment
- Cause of myofascial pain
- Can i take advil for myofascial pain syndrome ?
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?