What is the cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome?
I have a problem with digestion. I have stomach bloating, gas every day. I have to go to the bathroom at least twice in the morning every day before I feel good and light in the stomach.
Need more information
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
I would like to have some more information before I can assist you.
1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2. Any weight loss?
3. Any tests done so far?
4. Are you on any medications?
5. Any other medical illness?
Do get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
I have had these symptoms for at least 3 years now. no weight loss as such due to this. I lost weight due to stress last year. no tests done. no other medications or illnesses. The drinking water is hard at where I live. My motion is better when I take digestive pills or tonics like gelusil or zandu pacharisht.
Answer given below
Thanks for the additional information.
You probably might be having irritable bowel syndrome.
Few tests are to be done before coming coming to this conclusion.
You need to under go the following tests -
1. Stool test
2. Blood glucose
3. Tests for celiac disease
4. Thyroid function test.
You can consult a local gastroenterologist for further evaluation.
Meanwhile you can take probiotics and digestive enzymes for relief.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Irritable bowel syndrome
- What are symptoms and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome causes
- Suggest treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome drug treatment
- Irritable bowel syndrome treatments
- Cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome ibs
- What causes irritable bowel syndrome
- What is the cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome