What is the cause and treatment for insomnia?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Repeatedly, having problem going to sleep (e.g. up to 4:00 AM). Morning: Taking:Tamsulosin (o.4 mg); Amlodipine Besylate (10 mg.); Metroprolol Tartrate (12.5 mg); Aspirin (81 mg.); B-12 (2000 mcg); Res-Q 1250 - Omega-3 Supplement 2500 mg); Res-Q LDL-X - Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg). Bed Time: Metroprolol (12.5 mg); Res-Q 1250 - Omega-3 Supplement 2500 mg); Res-Q LDL-X - Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg). Have a pacemaker. Slept OK during the past two nights In the past, I was able to go to sleep readily.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid stress, if any. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. It will be helpful if you mention your job profile. Stress and anxiety are a major cause of insomnia or less sleep. As age increases, it is seen that duration of total hours of sleep decreases. Yoga and meditation will help in relaxing the mind and help in proper sleep. Also avoid sleeping in day time so that you get a proper sleep at night. If the symptoms persists, get your self clinically examined and investigated. I hope this is helpful to you. Regards. Thanks.