Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and treatment for indigestion and sore throat?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
I've had pressure in my right ear for a couple of months now and the last few weeks have started having indigestion quite a lot. Have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia previously. Also have a sore throat a d generally feel a bit down and have for a few months now.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy required Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day New onset of indigestion could be possibly related to Gastroesophageal reflux. The minimum work up required for assessment of new onset of indigestion in a male after age of 40 years is getting upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done. The sore throat can also be possibly explained on basis of Gastroesophageal reflux. I would suggest you the following which will definitely provide much needed relief and help in guiding you further management from here onwards 1. Reassessment of symptom: You will definitely need upper gastrointestinal endoscopy especially if you have upper gastrointestinal symptoms like Retrosternal burning pain, upper abdomen fullness and belching 2. Avoid Oily and spicy food 3. Avoid the following( The substance which cause increased relaxation of lower oesophagus sphincter) : Caffeine, Alcohol, Nicotine 4. Warm saline gargling : Add two spoon of common table salt to glass of lukewarm water and gargle with it thrice a day. It will help in relieving throat soreness 5. Consider addition of Domperidone tablet which is Gastric motility promoting drug. It reduces the reflux. 6. Diet modification; Consume High fiber diet with plenty of oral fluids Also would suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for assessment of ear problem. Which could possibly be due to simple problem like impacted wax or Eustachian tube cattarh. Consult your Physician for it and discuss these probability with him/her and you can plan the further management Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor