What is the cause and treatment for headache and dizziness?
You should consult a physician and get examined.
I read carefully your query and understand your concerns.
There are many possible conditions that can cause headache,dizziness and the treatment will depend on the right cause.
The most common cause of these symptoms in your age is High blood pressure (Hypertension).
I suggest to measure your blood pressure twice a day for 1 week to see if your blood pressure is over the normal range.
If blood pressure readings are over 140/90 mmHg for most of the days you should consult a cardiologist and start a treatment to lower blood pressure.
Other possible causes for headache,dizziness and blottness in the head are:
Before taking any kind of medications it is needed a complete evaluation to determine the right cause of these symptoms.
I suggest to consult a physician and get examined.
A detailed medical history,carefully physical examination including a detailed neurological examination are necessary to understand better the right cause of these symptoms.
If I were your treating doctor I would order to run some tests to exclude common causes including:
-Blood pressure measurement.
-Complete blood count.
-Blood sugar level (to exclude Diabetes).
-A CT scan of the head is necessary to exclude major causes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes and treatment options for headaches
- What is the treatment for headache paindepression fear and dizziness
- Suggest treatment for bloating with dizziness and headaches
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What is the cause and treatment for persistent headaches
- Cause and treatment for headache and the dizziness
- What are the treatments for headache dizziness and runny nose
- What is the cause and treatment for chronic headaches
- Treatment and cure for headaches dizziness nausea
- What is the treatment for frequent headache and dizziness