Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and treatment for fine cuts and redness of penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
My penis it's red and has some cuts what can I do or what treatment you recommend
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could possibly be Balanoposthitis Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Namaste The fine cut and redness is likely to be Balanoposthitis that is inflammation of glans. Following the below will definitely help 1. Hot Seitz bath --Adding handful of common table salt in a small tub of water and sitting in it for 15minutes each time. Cleaning the area especially white secretion known as smegma is advisable. 2. Application of local Steroid ointment-- Clean and dry off the area after Seitz bath, apply local steroid ointment like Betamethasone twice daily will be helpful. Accurate diagnosis can only be made by visual inspection of location and character of lesion. I would suggest you to get back to me with clinical picture. Wishing you happy and healthy life Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor