What is the cause and treatment for depression?
You may have depression
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
First of all, i would like to tell you few words about depression. Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and sense of well-being. In depression, person feels sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, worried, helpless, worthless, guilty, irritable, hurt, or restless. Person may lose interest in activities that once were pleasurable, experience loss of appetite or overeating, have problems concentrating, remembering details or making decisions and may contemplate, attempt or commit suicide. Insomnia, excessive sleeping, fatigue, loss of energy or aches, pains or digestive problems may also be present.
You may have most of these symptoms. In that case, you need some antidepressant like paroxetine or escitalopram with low dose benzodiazepine. You should consult a psychiatrist for proper mental status evaluation and that would help in proper management.
In case, you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for st depression
- What is the treatment for depression and dementia
- Depression what are treatment options
- What is the treatment for depression and fibromyalgia
- Whats the cause and treatment for 10 year long depression
- What is the cause and treatment for depression
- What is the treatment for anxiety and depression
- What are the treatments for severe depression and anxiety
- What is the treatment for major depression
- What treatment is suggested for depression