What is the cause and treatment for anxiety?
Not sure what this is but I recently went to the doctor and they told me my blood pressure was a good level. The only thing I take is a centrum multi vitamin. Not sure how I was able to sleep but now I still feel some pressure in my head/headache with shivers and gas. is there an explanation for this? Could this be related to fatigue from not getting enough rest after a all day long festival ?
It can be due to being tired.
I went through your query in detail and can understand your concern regarding your symptoms.
You definitely had anxiety symptoms in the morning which explains your heart racing and shivering. Some amount of anxiety can occur in any person. It can be precipitated by many situations like stress. In your case, it is very much possible that it has happened due to your being not able to get enough rest which might have led to physical as well as mental strain on yourself.
Having some residual anxiety following an anxiety attack is also a known event. usually, if it is an one off event, you need not worry and just try relax and take proper rest. Anxiety is a condition which gets aggravated more if you remain concerned about it.
In case this has happened before, or in case this doesn't subside in a few days, you can consider being evaluated by a psychiatrist. If this has happened earlier too, you might be needed to start medications like paroxetine to reduce your anxiety.
In the mean time, you can start exercising daily. It helps one relax and makes you feel better.
I do hope that I was able to answer your query. Please feel free to ask any further question that you might have.
Dr. Sunil Gupta
Thanks and all the best.
Thanks for following up. I am glad that you found my answer helpful. You have taken a correct decision to take rest. And do try to cut down on your time in front of your computer.
I hope your symptoms get over real fast and you are back to your healthy self. In case of any query in future, you can contact me at:
If you don't have any further query, please close this discussion and do rate the answer.
Best wishes and regards,
Dr. Sunil Gupta
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anxiety insomnia tensed what is treatment
- Treatment for nausea caused by anxiety
- What is the treatment for anxiety and intrusive thoughts
- What is the treatment for hyperactivity and anxiety
- What is the treatment for anxiety disorder
- What are the treatment available for anxiety disorder
- What is the treatment for anxiety and depression
- What are treatments for anxiety
- What is the treatment for adhd and anxiety
- What are the possible treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for disturbed sleep
- Suggest treatment for suicidal thoughts
- Can a person develop PTSD because of the memories in a mental breakdown?
- What causes forgetting and fumbling?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- How to refrain from alchol and bring aggression down?
- How to get rid of snoring?
- Suggest treatment for depression
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain
- What are the side effects of chantix?