Blockage in airway chiefly causes Atelectesis.
Thanks for writing in.
Atelectesis is collapse of lung leading to reduced gas exchange.
Atelectesis occurs due to various reasons:-
- post surgical that is restricted breathing after surgery
- due to blockage in bronchiole
due to foriegn body in airway or some lymph
node, tubercle compressing from outside
- any tumour within the wall
Treatment depends on underlying cause like:-
-post surgical atelectesis treated by physiotherapy
-ambulation & positive airway pressure
technique are also used
- if there in infection then go for antibiotics
- ventilator is last measure to be used.
Its better to rule out the cause & get it treated accordingly.
Hope I answered your query
Wishing you good health
Dr. Neha Sumra