Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What is the cause adn treatment for wrist pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1619 Questions
My wrist is hurting a little bit.
I think it s a sequel of a fall I had when I played basked ball. I had surgery on it .
As I doing more sports and be more active as I am on holidays it may be more sollicited . Another idea is I had a wrong psoture while sleeping. indeed I woke up with some slight tingling sensations once at night. I reslept and it disappeared when I woke up again. What would you suggest massages ?
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid contact sports for time being

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and it seems to be ligament injury (sprain). My suggestions for you are as follows-
1.Avoid contact sports and may wear wrist brace for time being .
2.For 48 hours you may do Ice fomentation 3-4 times a day followed by hot water fomentation.
3.Gentle wrist exercises within the pain limit along with Ibuprofen helps.
I hope this help.I shall be glad to help you further.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor