What is the cause adn treatment for wrist pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
My wrist is hurting a little bit.
I think it s a sequel of a fall I had when I played basked ball. I had surgery on it .
As I doing more sports and be more active as I am on holidays it may be more sollicited . Another idea is I had a wrong psoture while sleeping. indeed I woke up with some slight tingling sensations once at night. I reslept and it disappeared when I woke up again. What would you suggest massages ?
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid contact sports for time being

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and it seems to be ligament injury (sprain). My suggestions for you are as follows-
1.Avoid contact sports and may wear wrist brace for time being .
2.For 48 hours you may do Ice fomentation 3-4 times a day followed by hot water fomentation.
3.Gentle wrist exercises within the pain limit along with Ibuprofen helps.
I hope this help.I shall be glad to help you further.