Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What is the boil with pus in my stomach?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Okay, First time trying this. I have a boil low on my stomach, Ive had them before. I had my first one two years ago, went to my family doctor and he gave me an antibiotic and said to use hot washcloths to help it progress faster. Will this one is very different. It finally popped on its own two days ago and i got my first look at it today and it left a gaping hole and its scareing me. There is sill some pus coming out but I can still see that its a big hole.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sebaceus cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Please attach a photo of it if possible so I can give more accurate answer. Most probable reason of described by you boil is sebaceus cyst. It is a kind of benign skin lesion. It is filled with whitish masses which can get infected. When ti happens, the lump gets red, swelled and painful. The pus appears inside. After pus evacuation, the lump can recur if not removed completely. More info I can give if you could attach a photo. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the boil with pus in my stomach? 6 minutes later
Here is a photo! Ive been covering with a bandage so far!
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Do you have any joint pains? Fever, abdominal pain, loose stools, blood in stool, mucus in stool, bloating? It does not look like sebaceus cyst. There is an infection in surrounding tissues. It is advisable to give an antibiotic at your case (Clindamicin 300 mg 3x1 would be very good). Before antibiotic intake, swab test to determine which bacteria is causing it should be done. Please take a water with soap and wash it gently. The white stuff should be cleared so the reddish (easy bleeding) tissue will be left. If any of mentioned symptoms are present, you should have at least blood work and stool tests done. Sometimes such lesions can indicate more serious issue (like Crohns disease, Ulcerative Colitis or even a cancer). I suggest you to consult gastrologist and reumatologist. Hope this will help. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the boil with pus in my stomach? 22 minutes later
No, none of those symptoms! Ill to an er this weekend for the swab and antibiotics, perhaps they'll clean it as well. Thank you for your input!
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 minute later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Please just have it in mind that if there will be no bacteria in it, consult at least reumathologist as such lesions do not appear for no reason. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor