What is the best way to treat acne, pimples and dark spots on oily skin?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Acne
Question: what is the best way to treat the acne , pimples, and dark spot on the oily face skin? how to keep my oily face to keep fresh , and avoid the dry skin.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: there are different treatments Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Acne is caused by four changes in the skin and to treat you need to address these areas. They are: (1) there is increased production of skin cells which then block up the hair follicle (2)the glands in the skin make too much sebum. Sebum is an oily waxy substance (3)the skin becomes inflamed and irritated (4)there is a particular bacteria in the skin. This particular bacteria is associated with causing acne. To get rid of acne, these 4 areas need to be addressed. There are different types of treatment, you can start with: (1) an antibiotic cream such as clindamycin- this would treat the bacteria and reduce the inflammation (2)benzoyl peroxide. The two of these (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) can sometime be found combined (ask your pharmacist). The benzoyl peroxide reduces the inflammation, helps with the bacteria and the excess skin cells. If you find the combination cream, it is used once daily at night. If you find the benzoyl separately, it can be used once or twice a day.It can come as a soap, wash, lotion or cream. This should start showing an effect in 2 to 3 weeks if it is going to work for you. In some persons with more difficult acne, there is other treatment available such as topical retinoids or oral medication I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 minutes later
if I want to take the pill . what kind of pills would you prefer... I mean, pills not only for acne. Pills to take around my age.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: birth control pill? Detailed Answer: HI Unfortunately pill may refer to any medication used by mouth. I am assuming that you mean the birth control pill or are you referring to pills for another purpose? In terms of a pill for your age, you didn't mention the age in your history. If you mean the birth control pill, there are different kinds. It should be noted that the birth control pil also helps with acne. In general, most combination birth control pills should not be used in the following women: (1)history of migraines (2)cigarette smoking because of a risk of blood clot especially if older than 35 (3)obesity if older than 35 (also because of risk clotting) (4)history of blood clots (5)high blood pressure with blood vessel disease (6)lupus (7)high triglycerides (8)heart failure (9)history of problems with blood vessels in the brain or heart If any of the above are present then progestin only contraception should be used. IF none of the above are present then either the progestin or combination tabs can be used. There are alot of birth control pills and the one choosen would also depend on what is available at the local pharmacy. Examples are yaz, XXXXXXX microgynon, ortho cyclen,ortho novum, loestrin. These are just some of them. Your doctor may know which ones are available at your pharmacy Please feel free to ask any thing else