Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What is the best way to lose weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions

I am close to 100 kg . I want to loose weight by next two month. I have started to walk around 2 km early morning and after dinner daily since last 15 days . But i have not lost out any Kilos . I am big foodie , but do limit myself . Please guide me the best way to loose weight
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic family.

Having weight of 100 kg is above normal range and requires about 20-25 kg weight reduction.

To reduce weight keep in mind that there should be more calorie expenditure than calorie intake.

Means, to get reduction of weight, go for more calorie expenditure than calorie intake.
As you are not able to reduce weight despite doing regular exercise, it is due to not having negative calorie balance.

In first place, increase exercise. As you are young, please go for strenuous exercise like heavy running, jogging and push ups, where there will be more calorie expenditure. Do at least 30-40 minutes/day 6-7 days in week.

At the same time keep strict diet control, so that there is less calorie intake.

This will lead to negative calorie balance resulting in weight loss.

Avoid butter, ghee, cheese, pannier, sweets and puddings.

Avoid taking more tea, coffee, cold drinks which give extra calories, hurdling loosing of weight.

Avoid sedentary life style.

Rule out Thyroid hormone imbalance and Diabetes which can cause increasing of weight.

I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction.

If you have further query, please ask. I will be happy to answer it.

Take care.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor