What is the best treatment for scabies?
Meet a doctor
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
There are few aspects to the query.
1. Is it scabies? If the treatment ain't working, the first thing to review is the diagnosis. Are you sure it's scabies? Because from the query, I didn't think that you met a doctor in the first place.
2. Although these medications kill the mites thst cause scabies promptly, you may find that the itching doesn't stop entirely for several weeks.
3. Doctors may prescribe other topical medications, such as sulfur compounded in petrolatum, for people who don't respond to or can't use these medications. So yes, meeting a doctor will be a good idea.
This link may be informative.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact me on the subject for more information.
Dr Saumya Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scabies after treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for scabies
- Detol in the treatment of scabies
- What is the treatment for scabies
- Lindane treatment for scabies
- Over the counter scabies treatment
- Natural scabies treatment
- What are the symtoms and treatment for scabies
- Kwell for scabies treatment
- Nizoral scabies treatment