Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the best treatment for premature ejaculation?

Answered by
Dr. S Patra


Practicing since :2011

Answered : 4048 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: sperm ejects very soon during sex. As soon as I starts sex, the sperm ejects with in 25-30 seconds. Want to increase my ejaculation time
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

You are suffering from Premature Ejaculation (PE). It is the most common sexual dysfunction among men and everyone suffer from this at least one time in his entire life. It can cause sexual dissatisfaction in married life,specially to your partner.

In Premature Ejaculation, the male ejaculates within 1 min or prior to intimate/sexual intercourse with partner.

The problem is basically psychological more than physiological. There are several other causes that need to be ruled out ( which include Smoking/alcohol, Some drugs, High BP, Prostate Hypertrophy/ Prostatitis, Varicocele/ hydrocele, Diabetes, Thyroid problem, Neurological causes ) for which I would suggest you see your physician. A complete clinical examination & some investigations are needed by urologist or sexologist to confirm diagnosis. Please do consult with any one of them to take suggestive measures.

Do the following things for life style modification & controlling PE:
1) Quit smoking and alcohol.You may need psychotherapy /counseling.
2) Doing masturbation before initiation of love making may improve ejaculation time temporarily and you need to do it each time.
3) Take healthy diet with Multivitamin & Zinc supplements.
4) Do physical exercise regularly and maintain personal hygiene.
5) Avoid stress by regular XXXXXXX breathing or yoga.
6) In Premature Ejaculation:
a) Master & XXXXXXX / Stop & Start Technique are very good and much helpful. Squeeze technique: In this, the female partner needs to start arousing the man. When the man feels that he is almost at the point of ejaculation, she should stop arousing him. She then needs to squeeze the head for between 10 to 20 seconds. She then lets go and waits for another 30 seconds before resuming masturbation. This process is carried out several times before ejaculation is allowed to occur.
Stop-go technique- It is similar to the squeeze technique except that the woman does not squeeze the penis.
Kegel exercise or strengthening of PC muscle by contraction and relaxation as on holding & releasing urine. Practice it several times (20-30 times daily): Here, you need to repeatedly contract and relax the muscles you use when you need to hold back urine. This needs to be done sitting on your chair when you are actually not trying to hold back urine.

b) Use anaesthetic gel to desensitize penis or condom for temporary delay. You can get a prescription for this from your physician.
c) Certain drug like Dapoxetine, a class of SSRI,short acting and well approved. This is required only if the exercises dont work. Please try the exercises for 1-2 months before this.
d) Give more time on foreplay to heighten partner's excitation and do actual intercourse (vaginal penetration) at the time of partner climax. Here both of you can get satisfaction/ pleasure.
6) Need proper sleep (at least 6-8 hrs daily) and avoid hot working place and tight underwear.
7) Proper psychological counseling and further follow up if you need.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Treatment/Therapy ,  

Recent questions on  Counseling psychology

doctor1 MD

I had a penile doppler test conducted but my experience was confusing. I was given an injection and asked to stimulate with hand but ibdid not get erection, then i was asked to stand up and shown a porn clip i achieved a very weak full flaccid...

doctor1 MD

My son, studied upto 10th std in KV, XXXXXXX Admitted to an integrated college (XXXX, Belgaum), since he was selected through talent search by XXXX. After admission, he asked to why to XXXX (wanted to be in KV). Again arranged for KV admission...

doctor1 MD

My nine year old son has ADHD , Depression and Sensory Processing Disorder . He takes D- Amphetamine XR 10mg capsule, and then one tablet at night for his symptoms. It usually is helpful but over the last couple days, he has been screaming in...

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, I am 30 years male Indian, working in Dubai. My engagement was over last April & marriage is fixed in Dec 2012. last 5.5 I do chat/talk with my would be and we were very happy to share our things each other. She is little fatty in nature. & her period was irregular. Some months its not happening at all. So she went through a physical check up & found there is a syst in her (very minute) and doctor suggests to take medicine. She started taking medicine for 4 months & stopped. But when stopped it, the same problem came again. & 4 -5 Days back she consulted another Doctor & his comments was really shoked to her. He asked to take 8 months continuous treatment regarding this. This made her very dip pressed & started thinking weird. Now she says she hates sex & doesnt want to spoil my life & not interested in marriage. still we both love very much each other. I am so disapppointed now & this may be one of the most struggled moment in my life. Could you please advise me.

doctor1 MD

I think I might have either gonorrhea or a UTI, but I can t tell. I am honestly really scared and embarrassed so I can t tell anyone. The only symptom I seem to have is burning during urination which appeared the week of Christmas. It s not very severe, something a slight tingle then sometimes an uncomfortable burn but it s not really painful. I have no discharge, swelling, or redness in or around my area. I am a male who has only had sex with one woman twice, about a month before the symptom appeared.

doctor1 MD

hello i have this symtoms i had my baby on september 1, 2013 i have been feeling dizzy everyday, not feeling myself, feel weak, have post partum depression, went to the doctor he prescribe antibiotics, for dizziness and for depression ....can u help me

doctor1 MD

good morning . my marriage in after one month. and my penis is very small, before that i had a relation with one of my girl freind. that time also i was falling immediate when i insert. now if i do masturbating also withing a mint i fall.. i m very upset what to do which medicine i take please help me. when i feel or going near to any female close that time also i fall in side of my pant.. please