What is the best remedy for flatulence?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I am a 59 year old female with generally good health except for low thyroid and hemochromatosis.
Post-Menopausal taking HRT. I am having an abundance of flatulence. Loud and rather hars- with no bowel movement associated with the flatulence. My bowel movements are very regular, especially with warm water and lemon prior to morning coffee. The pressure build up is frequent and then explosive.
It almost feels like pressure at the rectum then it expels the gas.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My job in research requires travel and dealing with medical professionals at University Hospitals and clinics. This is embarrassing.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About your concern:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking.
I can understand your concern.
If this is a chronic problem I would suggest to try the cause of this phenomenon.
The most frequent is food intolerance ( the test of food intolerance may be done) and lactose is a very common food intolerance , manifested with bloating, gases ect.
I would suggest to try to avoid the milk and dairy products for a week and see the difference.
If it works, than lactose intolerance is verified, otherwise try to do the food intolerance test.
Hope the information will help,
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana