What is the best pair of glasses I can get when there is difficulty in reading small writing up close?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello doctor, am having problem. I find it hard seeing tiny words when reading a novel. please what is the best glasses I can get for reading.

thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
1+ is the first strength but need to find the best strength for you.

Detailed Answer:
HI,

There are a number of different eye strength for glasses.

The first step is 1+ glasses, this is the first strength available. It may be strong enough for you or you may need a stronger pair. From 1, the strengths may be 1.5, 2, 2.25, 3 etc

It would be best to see an optometrist to exactly determine the strength of glasses needed. There are also some online tests/assessments eg www.aclens.com.
If going to see an optometrist is not an option at this time then you can try the online tests.

This way you can identify the strength that would work best for you.

I hope this helps.
Take care,
Dr. Michelle Gibson James