What is the best medication used to clear a red raised patch of skin on my forehead?
I'm a 61 year old male.
For a week or so now I have had a roughly 2 inch square patch of skin on my forehead that appears to be a skin anomaly. It is slightly raised, reddish, bumpy, and will bleed if accidentally scratched by a hairbrush. It does not itch. I have been treating it with lotrimin, and when that didn't work, benzoil peroxide. They benzoil peroxide seems to have some effect but the condition doesn't clear up. Any advice? Thanks!
Please upload/attach the affected skin images.
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
I'd request you to kindly upload images of the affected area of the skin for a thorough understanding and a clear guidance.
Please upload images in the upload reports section on this web page.
Possible patch of fungal infection.
I have worked through your attached images in detail.
This looks like a patch of fungal origin. A short course of application of skin cream of combination - Clotrimazole plus Betamethesone. I generally prescribe the above medication to my patients with such symptoms. Fungal infection if any would briskly respond to such combination of medication.
A review after 1 week is required to check for drug compliance and revision of diagnosis if necessary.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medications raise esr levels
- Medication for white patches on skin
- What medication is useful in treating headaches
- What medication is used for heart palpitations
- What is megale medication used for
- What medication raises tropin level
- What is the medication for skin rash
- What is zeet medication use for
- What medication is used for complete abortion
- What medication darkens skin
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails