What is the best medication used to clear a red raised patch of skin on my forehead?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,
I'm a 61 year old male.
For a week or so now I have had a roughly 2 inch square patch of skin on my forehead that appears to be a skin anomaly. It is slightly raised, reddish, bumpy, and will bleed if accidentally scratched by a hairbrush. It does not itch. I have been treating it with lotrimin, and when that didn't work, benzoil peroxide. They benzoil peroxide seems to have some effect but the condition doesn't clear up. Any advice? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload/attach the affected skin images.

Detailed Answer:

I can certainly understand your concern.

I have worked through your attached query in detail.

I'd request you to kindly upload images of the affected area of the skin for a thorough understanding and a clear guidance.

Please upload images in the upload reports section on this web page.

Awaiting...

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 35 minutes later
I just uploaded the picture.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible patch of fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

I have worked through your attached images in detail.

This looks like a patch of fungal origin. A short course of application of skin cream of combination - Clotrimazole plus Betamethesone. I generally prescribe the above medication to my patients with such symptoms. Fungal infection if any would briskly respond to such combination of medication.

A review after 1 week is required to check for drug compliance and revision of diagnosis if necessary.

Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T