What is the best medication for nerve pain?
Pregabalin can help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The first line of treatment involves oral muscle relaxants, rest, methylcobalamin supplements and medicines like pregabalin to control the nerve pain. Physiotherapy exercises are recommended to maintain the tone of the back muscles. Implanted nerve stimulator is an option if all the other measures have failed and surgery is not considered. In case the pain is persistent then you can opt for it.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for nerve pain down the legs
- What is the medication for severe nerve pain
- What causes nerve pain in eyebrow
- Suggest medication for nerve pain
- What causes nerve pain
- What are the possible treatment for nerve pain
- Drugs/medication for sciatic nerve pain
- What helps with nerve pain
- Drugs/medication for universal nerve pains
- Drugs/medication for nerve pain
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?