Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the best cure for hangover related gas and acidity ?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
Hello doctor. What is the best cure for hangover related gas and acidity ?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Food before and along with alcohol. PPI

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

You can take proton pump inhibitor(PPI) like Tab Pantoprazole 40mg for gas and acidity related to alcohol.

Due to alcohol the mucosa will be burnt and with that due to reduced food intake the gastric acid will also act over mucosa and hence gastritis will be developed. So the best treatment is to have some food before having alcohol and also along with alcohol so that the contact of alcohol and gastric acid with stomach mucosa will be reduced. Along with that take Tab Pantoprazole 40mg 30 min before drinking so as to reduce to gastric acid secretion. These measures will help you to prevent stomach related problem due to alcohol.

If there is already developed gastritis, you can take Syp Sucralfate which will help in healing gastric ulcer and follow above mentioned measures.

Hope this answered your query. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor