What is the average weight for a 15 month old infant?
The weight needs to be periodically monitored and plotted on a growth chart
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
The birth weight of the child is expected to triple by one year of age and quadruple by two years of age. So, the answer to your question depends upon what the birth weight was. Moreover, a single measurement of weight does not convey anything conclusive. The weight needs to be measured every three months and plotted on a growth chart ( www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/who/grchrt_boys_24lw_100611.pdf ). Unless the weight is cutting percentile lines, you need not worry so long as it is following the lines (even if it is on the lower side).
About increasing the weight of the child, there is no shortcut. All you have to do is to feed the baby properly. Extra feeds might be included.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sweet lime for 15 months old infants
- Average weight 14 month old boy
- Average temperature of 13 month old
- Average penis size 15 year old
- 5 month old baby average weight and height
- 15 year old boy average height
- What is a normal temperature for a 15 month old
- Average weight for 10 year old
- 15 month old ringworm
- 11 month old baby weight average