What is the appropriate quantity of ORS to be given for diarrhoea?
ORS needs to be given
I would need to know the body weight of your child. In the first hour, you need to give 20ml/kg/hr i.e. assuming a body weight of 10 kg, your child needs 200 ml of ORS in the first hour.
Thereafter, over the next 6-8 hours, it is 10ml/kg/hr or 100 ml per hour. Thereafter, it is as per assessment.
You can give Similac Soya milk. No specifications about the amount and you can give it as per your discretion.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On atkins diet having bloody diarrhoea what is causing this
- What could be the reason for stomachache and diarrhoea
- Ocid ors
- What does fatty diarrhoea mean
- Having diarrhoea what medication to take
- What does ors stand for on an electrocardiogram
- What is the treatment for diarrhoea in an infant
- Composition of ocid ors cap
- Ocid ors 20 medicine
- What is the cause of abdominal painbloating and diarrhoea