Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the alternative medication for Zolpidem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 947 Questions
I have been taking 10mg of Zolpidem for 20 years....I have been informed it no longer avail. to me...Is this so? Can you recommend an alternate sleep aide with equel efficiency?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May try stilnoct/ goodnoct XR or clonazepam Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX ! I have read your question and you want a substitute for zolpidem as you have been using it from past 20 yrs. There are several similar medicine with almost similar salt in a different formulation, when I have such a case I rely on - stilnoct 12.5 mg, or may be goodnoct XR 12.5 mg...or may be clonazepam 1-2 mg ( this is a different salt but equally effective) --your doctor would know about them, they are easily avialable in several nations. however, the drug zolpidem is presently available in many nations even now, but may not be there in your country. The dug laws may differ at different places, so availability may vary. Hope the reply is useful please feel free to ask more questions for clarifictaion Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychiatry
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor