What is testicular torsion?
Rotation around its own axis and is an emergency
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
This is a condition in the scrotum wherein the testis rotates around its own axis. Since the testis is suspended by the spermatic cord the cords goes into rotation/twisting around its own axis and causes the venous return blockage as the vein have not much pressure but the artery still supplied the blod till the pressure within the testis rises equal to that of arterial pressure or the twisting is sufficient to cause the blockage.
I hope this answers your specific query.
This is a dire emergency needing earliest diagnosis and surgery to save the testis.
lease feel free to ask for further relevant queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does testicular torsion feel like
- What to ask an endocrinologist about treating testicular torsion
- Testicular torsion what are the precautions i should take
- Testicular torsion level of pain
- What are the symptoms of testicular torsion?
- Testicular torsion what is the recovery time
- What does testicular torsion mean and what are the symptoms
- Home cure testicular torsion
- Testicular torsion home remedy
- Horizontal testis testicular torsion