What is testicular torsion?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: What is testicular torsion??
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rotation around its own axis and is an emergency

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Testicular torsion:
This is a condition in the scrotum wherein the testis rotates around its own axis. Since the testis is suspended by the spermatic cord the cords goes into rotation/twisting around its own axis and causes the venous return blockage as the vein have not much pressure but the artery still supplied the blod till the pressure within the testis rises equal to that of arterial pressure or the twisting is sufficient to cause the blockage.
I hope this answers your specific query.

This is a dire emergency needing earliest diagnosis and surgery to save the testis.
lease feel free to ask for further relevant queries.