What is spinal stenosis?
spinal cord compression
Thank you for the query.
Spinal stenosis is a condition where spinal cord and nerves are compressed due to narrow spine. The most common reason of such problem is spine disc herniation.
Spinal stenosis if is not advanced should be treated with physical therapy and medicines. Such treatment should cause inflammation relief and muscles relaxation. This should cause less compression and lead to improvement.
However if such treatment wont help, surgery is a next step. You should discuss about such option with a neurosurgeon.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Lifting heavy objects can be the reason.
Disc is build of connective tissue and located between to vertebra (spinal bones). Now when there is too much pressure on spine due to obesity, lifting heavy objects or just staying in one position for a long time disc is pushed towards the spinal cord.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for spinal stenosis
- Spinal stenosis and swollen abdomen
- What is the treatment for neck pain and spinal stenosis
- What is cervical spinal stenosis
- What kind of surgery is required to fix spinal stenosis
- What are the symptoms of spinal stenosis?
- What is severe spinal stenosis
- Menstruation problems spinal stenosis
- What is critical spinal stenosis
- What are the treatment procedures for spinal stenosis