What is small calcified granuloma in left frontal lobe? Is this serious?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Dr. What is Small
Calcified Granuloma in left frontal lobe. Is it serious
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later

Based on the fact that you have posted you have undergone a surgery and was operated for meningioma. During any surgery whenever a tumour is removed it creates a dead space which heals by formation of a granulation tissue. Once in a while this granulation tissue gets calcified by deposition of calcium and hence is called as Calcified Granuloma.

It has no clinical significance and indicates complete healing. It does not pose serious threats. Therefore you need not worry at all.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 18 hours later
Thank u Dr. How long it takes to get drained so called calcified Granuloma
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for your query. It does not get drained and remains dormant without producing any symptoms. So do not worry about it. Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E