Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What is recommended for torn muscle in neck apart from ibuprofen and voltaren?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
My husband has torn a muscle in his neck. Pain excruciating. Called 000 and talked to a registered nurse. RECOMMENDED ibuprofen, voltaren. Gave him these over-the-counter medications. Can a doctor give home something stronger? He's asleep. Having trouble with moving to go to a doctor. Do you have any recommendations?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Torn muscle if neck may be unpleasant and pain will persist for 5-10 days. Usually this is not intensive pain,and mainly felt during movements. In most cases ibuorofenum and rest is enough but if this is not helpful,he should have neck collar and try with stronger painkillers such as tramadol.also,benzodiazepines are usually helpful as it will relax muscle and have sedative effect. Of course,he should consult his doctor about it and get prescription. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor