What is perihilar bronchovascular prominence with associated bronchial wall thickening?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 7 Jul 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What is Perihilar bronchovascular prominence with associated bronchial wall thickening?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild inflammation of small airways

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Peri hilar bronchovascular prominence and thickening indicates mild inflammation of small airways . We doctors call it bronchitis. Common causes for it are allergies or some respiratory tract infection. Clinical correlation with the signs and symptoms is mandatory.

Commonest causes for such conditions are allergies , asthma, smoking. infections of respiratory tract etc.

SOme time with severe involvement one can have a peri bronchial cuffing too which is collection of fluids around small airways causing haziness.

Nut shell it is likely some acute infective inflammatory process going on in airways and needs to be correlated clinically. Quitting smoking is mandatory if any history.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan