What is palpitation and how to correct it through surgical operation?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: what is palpitation and how do you correct it through surgical operation? What are the procedures for the operation and what are the consequencies/
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Palpitation is awareness of beating of one's own heart,whether very slow or very fast.
Normally everybody experiences such feeling in his life but when it happens frequently then it means something is wrong and the cause should be found out.
The causes of palpitation may range from medical conditions like anaemia to thyroid disorders and to surgical causes like valvular diseases of heart.
The most important thing is to get yourself diagnosed properly for the cause of palpitations and if a surgical cause is found out,then surgery is done to cure it.
You don't surgically treat the palpitations  but you treat the disease causing the palpitations.
If your GP is sending you for surgery then it means he knows the the cause for your palpitations.
Please get back to me if you want to ask anything more.
Best of luck
Thanks