What is osteophytic ridging and1 anterolisthesis with disc bulge?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 20 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What is osteophytic ridging and1 anterolisthesis with disc bulge? Do I need surgery also MRI shows facet disease with spondylosis several 2mm and 3mm bulges with a borderline canal stenosis to 9mm and l4 5 flavum thickening AP diameter is 11 mm lots of other problems on MRI I am worried. Had a bad wreck totaled my car. Dr. Giving me Tramadol XXXXXXX 50 mg still have pain dr says he does not want to give me a narcotic I am not happy with my treatment I am in pain please gu
I've me some advice should I see a neurosurgeon instead of orthopedic doc?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to see a neurosurgeon or spine surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam,
Thanks for your query,

Osteophyte ridging is bone spur formation. In anterolisthesis, the upper vertebral body is positioned abnormally compared to the vertebral body below it.You are suffering from degenerative disc disease with canal stenosis.

As you are still in severe pain in spite of conservative treatment, I thing you might need surgical intervention.

It is better to see a neurosurgeon or spine surgeon for proper evaluation and treatment.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later
Should I go to a pain Management Doctor until I can see other Doctor?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is good idea to see pain management Doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam,

Sorry, I have no any idea about Neurosurgeon or Spine Doctor in the Dallas Fort Worth XXXXXXX area. You can search it on Google.

It is good idea to see pain management Doctor until you can see Neurosurgeon or Spine Doctor.

Warm regards.