What is ossification in the plantar fascia and achilles tendon?

Excellent

Question
what is ossification in the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

These terms are used to describe disease conditions in which the appearances of these structures(in this case the Achilles tendon and the plantar fascia) have the look/properties of bone on various imaging studies. This is suggestive of the deposition of calcium onto these structures.

This is common in elderly and presents with pains in these structures. Management is mostly symptomatic and if there are any reasons for increased calcium levels in the blood, they are investigated and managed accordingly.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: What is ossification in the plantar fascia and achilles tendon? 1 hour later
what does symptomatic management mean?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:

Am so sorry for using these technical terms with you.
symptomatic management means that we address the symptoms. For instance, if you have pains, we would try various measures like drugs physical therapy, cold/hot packs, etc to relieve your pains. The goal here is to help you cope with the condition and not treating the root cause.

I hope this is clear to you and again would avoid using such terms in future communications. I wish you well and let me know if there is something more you would want me to sort out at this time.