Owl Image

What is normal heart rate range?

Owl Image
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Question
My heartbeat has been reading at 100 to 120 a lot lately. ....I have mvp. Also under a lot of stress and anxiety. Should I be concerned by this? What's the ideal number? I had an ekg at wellness visit and Dr was OK with results
Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the answer below ...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking to HCM!

You have nothing to worry about as long as basal ECG is normal. Your heart rate is slightly above normal range (60-100 beats per minute) and it's called tachycardia.

Tachycardia is a common finding in peoples with mitral valve prolaps, but without any clinical significance.

However I suggest running ECG holter monitoring to exclude other tachyarhythmias which may be not seen on basal ECG.

Hope this was of help!
Dr. Benard