What is normal blood pressure range?

Oncologist
Question
IHAVE BEEN ON COUMDEN FOR ABFIB AND THEY OVER DOSE ME. AND NOW I HAVE LOW BLOOD PRESSURE READING.WHAT IS THE CORRECT NUMBERS FOR A READING?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
thank you for sending the question.

I am sorry to hear that your Coumadin level is outside of the normal range or the therapeutic range. I'm sure that your doctors are working on this to help get you back to the therapeutic range.

You mentioned that you were concerned about your blood pressure. Generally we prefer to see a blood pressure in a range from 80 to 120 for systolic range and 65 to 85 diastolic.

I am curious to know what blood pressure readings you have been obtained recently. Hopefully by the time you read this you are feeling better.

Sincerely,

Dr. G