What is meant by "Abnormal R-wave progression, early transition"?
it is a non-specific finding.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Abnormal R wave progression is a common is a non-specific finding on the 12 lead ECG that in some cases it could indicate a more serious problem.
The most common causes are :
-Conduction defect like Bundle Branch Block
-myocardial infarction of the anterior wall
-left ventricular hypertrophy
This is a non -specific finding that also might be a normal variant.For this reason this finding is interpreted taking in consideration other findings in ECG, symptoms and medical history.If a patient has symptoms that indicate a heart problem and in ECG is found Abnormal R-wave progression , then the patient need further investigations like stress test, heart ultrasound etc.
In your case ,if your ECG was normal (apart this finding) and the other test you have done ,are normal ,then this finding doesn't indicate a problem.In this case you have nothing to worry.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you need further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does non specific t wave abnormality mean
- Nonspecific inferior t wave abnormalities
- Cbt changes r wave of ecg
- What is transitional stool in a newborn
- What does nonspecific t wave abnormality mean
- What does t wave abnormality mean
- What does nonspecific st and t wave abnormality wave
- Ecg r wave
- What does abnormal r-wave progression late transition mean
- What does poor r wave progression in ecg mean
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?