What is hemogram?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: What is haemogram, and if any found negative means what is the disease on it?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemogram tells us about red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Hemogram is complete blood count which is a comprehensive blood test and tells about red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets in detail.

2. The following are also included in a hemogram
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin
Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV)
Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH)
Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC)
Platelet Count
Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW)
Red Blood Cell (RBC)
White Blood Cell (WBC) Count

3. Hemogram might indicate anemia, infections and other conditions.

4. I guess that your mother is having low hemoglobin and this is known as anemia. Please attach a copy of the report and this will help me to discuss in detail.

5. It is important to also read other test reports when considering her clinical problem. Some of the basic reports are urine test, blood test for sugar, liver, kidney and lipid profile. Blood ESR and X ray knee is also required if she is having symptoms of knee arthritris.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist