What is glycomet used for?
Glycomet ( metformin) is supposed to have some indirect effects
1. Loss of weight and loss of appetite are the known side effects of this drug.
It prevents sugar release from the liver and hence decreases the appetite.
There are some research studies which say that this prevents a patient from becoming a diabetic by few years.
However in your son what exactly is the reason to give a short course may be one of the above.
Why don't you discuss with your doctor?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is glycomet gp1
- What is the use of glycomet tablet 850 mg
- Why is glycomet sr used
- Glycomet 850 mg used for what
- What for glycomet 1000mg tablet used
- Been using glyciphage on glycomet what now
- What is the use of glycomet 500sr
- Glycomet 250 tablets used for
- Use of glycomet for obesity
- Glycomet used for induction of ovulation