What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a painful condition where patients have pain all over. It is a chronic condition. Exercise and sleep are key in relieving the pain.
In fibromyalgia patients there is usually not other cause found for the pain. In your case it sounds like you have plenty of other conditions that can cause pain.
The most typical fibromyalgia patient has pain all over, lasting for more than 3 months and there are at least 11 of 18 tender spots that are extremely tender when the doctor pushes down on those specific 18 spots.
I guess it is possible that you have fibromyalgia and other things causing pain. The best type of doctor to make the fibromyalgia diagnosis is a rheumatologist.
Narcotics are not usually helpful in fibromyalgia. Medications used are certain types of antidepressants and certain anticonvulsants. These medicines for some reason seem to decrease the pain in fibromyalgia patients.
Here is a link to a reliable site where you can get more information about fibromyalgia.
I hope you get pain relief soon,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the difference between hemachromatosis and fibromyalgia
- What is fibromyalgia symptoms
- What is fibromyalgia
- What is the treatment for fibromyalgia stiffness and fatigue
- What is the remedy for fibromyalgia
- What is the treatment for depression and fibromyalgia
- What can cause fibromyalgia
- What causes fibromyalgia pain
- What is poly fibromyalgia
- What is the treatment for chronic fibromyalgia