What is excessive sweating a sign of?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Infections
Question: So I recently had a bout of MRSA, slight and seems to have gone away, however right after that I am guessing I caught the flu, typical syptoms, bit now I'm constant ing sweating when I sleep or rest, should I worry about infectionin my blood?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection in the blood should give worsening of symptoms every day.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

The symptoms of infection in the blood are fever that is lasting for more then 3-5 days, fatigue, weakness, worsening of the problem, ect.

You don't say in your description for how long you have had these symptoms. But in general a viral infection should last for 3-5 days with fever, runny nose, sore throat and cough. The cough may last for 1-2 weeks until the lungs expectorate the secretions. Otherwise you should start feeling better every day after 5 days.

If this is not your case, then I would recommend seeing a local doctor and do some tests.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad