What is esophageal web?
This is a type of narrowing of the oesophagus
Thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
Esophageal web causes narrowing of the food passage due to a projection of the mucosa (the inner lining) inside. Usually this presents with dificulty in swallowing or symptoms suggestive of heartburn or indigestion.
Curently the type of dietary management you are doing is fine. Usually this is treated by dietary management plus esophageal dilation at endoscopy. Probably because of her age this has not been attempted, which is fine. You can learn more about esophageal dilation here http://www.asge.org/patients/patients.aspx?id=392
This is a benign disorder and the natural history may be static or slowly progressive.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is lower esophageal sphincter
- What is esophageal eruption
- Esophageal varices what to eat
- What are the symptoms of esophageal tear
- What causes esophageal varices
- Esophageal cancer what to expect
- What is the remedy for esophageal spasms
- What is esophageal varices banding
- What is grade c esophagitis
- What causes esophageal candidiasis
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?