What is demyelination in the brain?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I just had a small vessel stroke. report indicates it is small vessel disease saying theres a bright flair signal at lateral margins of corpus callosum and demyelination cannot be excluded, correIlate with clinical circmstances. I became numb on one side with full feeling when drs. stuck with needle. it's been 5 days and slowly the numbness is going away. I have been able to walk, squeeze hands, etc. I have drs appt in 2 days, I am interested to know what corpus callosum and demyelination is and what restrictions I should be on until meeting with dr. thank you, I am 69 years old.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Corpus callosum is a brain structure.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Corpus callosum is a white matter structure inside the brain that connects functionally and anatomically the two brain hemispheres.

Demyelination is the damage of the myelin ( nerves sheath ) by different conditions such multiple sclerosis, infection, etc.

Since ischemic stroke was suspected, you should continue the treatment and control your blood pressure.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: What is demyelination in the brain? 31 minutes later
I have slight headache on same side as before, is that normal and should I worry and see a doctor. Headache is located at temple.

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to rush.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Since the headache you refer is the same as before, I think there is no need to worry about and to rush to the Doctor.

You can discuss about it when you meet the Doctor in two days.

Hope this helps.

Greetings.