What is causing the sudden onset muscle soreness all over body?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What would case sudden onset muscle soreness over entire body, no working out involved.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The sudden onset of muscle soreness is most commonly caused by dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.