What is causing the pain behind ear?
Thanks for writing in.
There can be many reasons behind ear pain.
Commonest cause is ear pain due to common cold as ear and nose are connected by one common tube.
Other reason is your son would have inserted something in ear or he would have scratched it due to irritation of wax.
If you rule out above mentioned possibilities, then other cause could be simple boil occurring in ear causing tremendous pain. Other cause could be living insects going in to ear like ants.
Sometimes middle ear infections can cause similar pain like otitis media.
These are just possibilities, you need to approach ENT specialist and get examined your son.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, please revert back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause sharp pains behind the ears
- What causes ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes painful ear lobe
- Pain in helix of ear bone pain behind ear cause
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear
- What is the cause of pain behind ear and eye
- Excessive sweating on feet & palms. Hereditary problem. Tried...
- Need medication for hair fall reduction
- RBC count outside the reference value. What is the solution?
- Have indigestion and gastric which has led to dysentery. Was diagnosed...
- Taken Rabipur vaccine. What are the chances of rabies through non-bite...
- Infant hospitalized for vomiting. On isomil. Can there be an alternative...
- Pain in the forearm after weight training. Suffering from Tennis elbow....
- Cough due to allergy. Is dust the reason? Tried inhaling steam and...
- Have hypertension, discomfort in chest. Angiography revealed double...
- Have Lichen nitidus. Prescribed with Execare, Tacroz. No relief. What...