Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What is cause and treatment for hemorrhoid?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1552 Questions
Off late I am having a strange problem for past 10 days. Whenever I got defecation, I feel little part internal hemorrhoid comes out (googled for this term). That happens only in one specific part of entire region. I tried to have sense of problem and could feel little boil kind of lump. Not big, but may be 2-3 mm. After I am done with defecation process, I push the skin inside and it where it's suppose to be. I do not feel any pain or any sort of irritation during defecation process. I have your doctors visiting our office but was apprehensive talk about this problem in person. So would need help from you know the exact cause of this irritating issue. This is first occurrence of this sort. Do you have any remedy for my problem. The irritating pain is increasing gradually day-by-day. Would appreciate your early revert. I have taken picture of the problem area. I have uploaded the pic under Upload New Report section. You can refer to it, if you want to. Thanks for your help.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 days later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I have seen the image sent by you. It seems like a polyp, though it can also be hemorrhoid. A physical examination is needed to confirm the diagnosis. Medicine is given if it is symptomatic. For example if there is constipation, medicines can be given to control it. If there is pain while defecation, creams can be applied to control the pain. But there is no medicine available that will revert the big skin into a smaller skin. Since you have no other symptom apart from the lump itself, I think a surgical consult will help you most. It can be easily removed by a simple surgery. You may consult a general surgeon for further management. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor