What is cause and treatment for Depersonalization disorder?

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Question: what is dp/Dr (depersonalizatuon./derealization)?.... is there a way to treat/cure it?....
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 7 days later
Brief Answer: It is a mental disorder. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Depersonalization disorder occurs when a person persistently and repeatedly feels that things around him aren't real(observing yourself from outside the body). Feeling of depersonalization may be very disturbing and feel like losing a grip on reality and living in dream. It can be treated with Psychiatric counseling and medications like fluoxetine, clomipramine and clonazepam. Depersonalization and derealization refers to the same condition. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist